發新話題
打印

Warmoth's update fret work info and Power tools Fret dressing Tutorial

Warmoth's update fret work info and Power tools Fret dressing Tutorial

When I finish my Power tools Fret dressing Tutorial video and check info on Warmoth's website, find that they have update fretwork info, maybe after some post talk about they change the back-bevels the fret edges to about 30° recently.

http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/Necks/Fretwork.aspx

My video in Power tools Fret dressing Tutorial
in 5 Easy Steps ( Warmoth Neck )

Tutorial in 5 Easy Steps

1 :Masking neck and made protective sheet metal

2 :Grinding fret end with abrasive mounted stone with Rotary Tool + Flex Shaft

2.5 : Removed finished on fret if it is Maple fretboard.

3 :Finial touch without protective sheet metal

4 : Smooth fret end by sandpaper

5 : Polishing with Buffing Pads

Please watch it on YouTube full screen, as it got some details close up footage.

https://youtu.be/a36SJ0vSjOY

Also thanks Cagey talk about heating up issues may happen when using Power tools on the fretboard, I put some warning and matter needs attention in the video.

[ Last edited by Hendrix at 2018-5-20 13:19 ]

1 : with this closeup photo, compared to a factory made guitar ( PRS SE ) I sure not remove too much.

2 : did you watch to the end of the video? I talked about Warmoth increasing the back-bevels the fret edges to about 30° recently. that leaves not much room for you to do If people need to round fret end dressing, if you want to do what I show in the video, need to ask Warmoth don’t bevel it and not buy showcases neck with frets installed already.

3 : I will be made a follow-up a video on what I have done for the 30° back-bevels the fret edges when I have time, it removes much less on frets end.

4 : what I trying to illustrate there was a technique I believe useful for other DIYer, how much to remove is a personal preference with his playing style.

5 : like all DIY project, I recommend people measure twice and cut once, make sure you know your personal preference, look the other guitar you comfortable with your playing style, how much roundness on that fret end

[ Last edited by Hendrix at 2018-5-20 11:37 ]

發新話題